Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Patty's Day


This was the only one out of 20 where they were all looking and sort of smiling.  It's hopeless!

Since St. Patrick's was on a Saturday and Justin, the principal instigator of crazy Saturdays filled with activities, was out of town, I had to come up with my own. After the classic green milk that the kids wouldn't drink and downing a few Chocolate coins left by the Leprechauns, (actually from the giant box of left over Christmas candy that doesn't exist) we...

Made potato stamps with shamrocks and hearts that you can use to make a bigger shamrock
Then we made a couple hundred of these little darlings.  The kids frosted and decorated them all by themselves. We used green licorice for the shamrocks, rainbow sour candy and golden jelly bellies for the pot of gold. 
The best part of the day was watching Henry and Jake ding-dong-ditch people as they delivered the cupcakes.  They snuck around the neighborhood, hiding behind bushes and trees, tiptoeing along with Leprechaunish faces, leaving behind special treats.

When they got home I fed them green pasta and...

Pot O' Gold jello jigglers for dessert.

I paid special attention to my clover that is growing in my orchid plant.  I love my baby clover!

He likes his sheltered home

The kids also ate Lucky Charms all day long, which I have NEVER bought for them.  You can guess how long those lasted.  After all the fun, we drove down to Provo to eat dinner with my mom and swim in the indoor pool and hot tub.  The kids had a blast swimming.  We finally got home at 9pm and threw the kids into bed.  Phew! What a fun day.


5 comments:

DCRomney 2010 said...

Hmmmm, you'd think with all the Irish immigrants here, someone would have mentioned St Patrick's day... came and went without a single green thing... oh well... :)
Where was J?

Amelia Hohl said...

Heli-skiing in Banff Canada

Lynn said...

I love your energy and how you make every day a party!! Lucky kids! I want to be Irish! :)

Huntervadar said...

Awesome food Amelia! Winston was just saying, "I wonder how Justin is?" I said, look at his blog! Hope you guys are doing well! -Lisa and Winston

Sarah said...

Yes it is hopeless. Haha. I'm convinced that family photos only happen with lots of photoshop work. haha. Love the pics. Your kids are so incredibly adorable.