Monday, March 12, 2012

Wild Warm Weekend #2


My little Grown Up

On Saturday morning the kids helped me clean the house and then we took Henry skiing in 65 degree weather.  Justin rode his bike up to the resort and was actually too hot in his long spandex.  It really was that warm up there. 

Just a boy and his mountain

The only girlfriend I will encourage him to have until he's 21


Tiny Tiger was the route we chose to take
 Henry went down a really fun black diamond run multiple times, each time pointing out the melty powder from the lift he wanted to hit next. It was one of the best ski days we had all year. His thin, old school skis got stuck in the thick mushy powder.  He definitely needs some fat powder skis for next year. 
Squinty Henry at the bottom.  The sun was really bright!
 
 Henry got a hold of the camera and took some photos of his surroundings. 

Snowboarder Mom

Henry loves riding the shuttle bus up to the lodge to get candy.  It's part of the whole experience for him.




After skiing we headed out to my Mom's place in Provo for a delicious dinner with swimming and hot tubbing afterward.  We finally arrived home around 9pm, I fell asleep around 11pm and didn't wake up until 10am the next day.  I was exhausted!  We certainly play hard in this family!




1 comment:

Lynn said...

I am SO EXCITED to see you skiing! Maybe someday. If I am not too old, I can go ski with you or at least watch you run circles around me!! I love skiing. So very glad you have the opportunity!!