Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day after Cleaning Day


Thanks for playing with me

 My favorite day is the day after our house cleaners come because the house is perfect, no one has to waste time in the morning cleaning up their rooms, putting toys away, doing dishes, which slowly eats up our time, especially when you're trying to be a good mom and make your kids take care of their own stuff and not do it all yourself. 
Clemmie helped too

Yesterday we played Henry's new game he got for his Birthday, Number Ninjas, made a giant snowman outside and ate giant strawberries before school even started.  We had so much fun! I was just thinking that when I home school him next year for half the day, I'm going to have to just put all the cleaning aside and just play and do school and I need to be ok with the house not being perfect sometimes. 
best buddies


This morning I woke up and Henry and Bea had already gotten themselves breakfast and were all dressed in their snow clothes and playing outside in the snow.  I'm so grateful for kids that like to play outside and for kids that think up things to do and do them without me having to come up with an activity.  Hooray for big kids!
Henry still doesn't know how to smile for a photo.  He did 5 different faces for this shot and this was the best one! haha.

I told Henry that if we have an awesome snow day next year I would take him up the mountain and we would do school on the ski lift, memorizing addition and subtraction problems, Chinese characters and  practicing spelling.  I figure with all the time that is wasted during the regular public school day, why not use that precious time to go skiing! He got so excited when I told him that idea.  I wish they had a home school ski program.  I would totally go for that!

No comments: