Sunday, March 11, 2012

Wild Warm Weekend #1

I don't know about you, but I get hyper and overzealous when the weather gets warm.  I feel like I can't waste one moment inside.  Result: messy house, dirty kids, too much planned and extra tired mom and kids.

Here is our Friday in photos

Went to the zoo with Henry's friend Nathan.  I was alone with 5 kids.  They were suprisingly very well behaved.  This train, I have to say, is really lame in the winter.  Not worth the money. 
 Then it was off to the park I grew up going to, Lindsay Gardens.  Henry climbed trees, rolled down the steep hills, and just played and played.  It was fun to be back. 

Henry swinging at the park on the exact same swing I broke my arm on when I was 7 years old by jumping out of it. 
The kids getting sick of the merry go round
The kids riding the same ol' dilapidated merry-go-round that I used to ride when I was tiny.  Must be like 40 years old


We went on a house tour of my childhood. House #1 408 L street

House #2 733 9th Avenue

House #3 484 H street.  This is kiddie corner from where my friend, Candice, now lives.  Small world!





Last and coolest house: 860 1st Avenue.  I like the new landscaping.  Henry thought it was cool to see my old houses.


Then it was off to meet Justin at our favorite pizzaria

Then gelato next door at CAPO - The best gelato in town
Here it is.  The best flavor is yogurt with berries.  Tart and perfect!


Then I went to GLEEK, a musical that my cute little nanny, Latycia was a cheerleader in.  Justin took the kids home and put them to bed all by himself.  I can't believe he did it! Thank-you Justin!

Phew! That was just Friday.  Stay tuned for Saturday. 

2 comments:

Señora H-B said...

I have so many memories of the last house! I first played a Nintendo there, I snuggled with your giant dog (Eddie, was it?), I met my first iguana, all kinds of things. Such a cool house!

Tracie said...

Amelia- our awesome zoo pass gets you free train and merry-go-round rides!! That way, no matter how lame the train ride is, it doesn't matter b/c it's free!