Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What did this owl eat!!??

Henry and his Rat

  Henry and I finished putting the rodent skeleton together that we took out of the owl pellet we got from the museum of Natural History.  It is huge.  My dad thinks it's a squirrel.  I think it looks like a rat.  We'll probably never know.  Dissecting an owl pellet was one of my few memories of Elementary School that I look back on with fondness so I wanted to recreate the experience with Henry.  He really loved gluing the bones back together today to see the finished product.  And guess why we now have time for such fun activities? Chore chart!





2 comments:

Thayer said...

That is impressive. Gabe got a great skull out of one he dissected at school this year and we've come close with others we've done, but we've never been able to piece a whole skeleton together. I've always said this would be the coolest birthday party theme...owl pellets

Trixie said...

You can look on line for pictures of the skeletons and can get a pretty accurate idea of what it was. That is, if you really want to know :)