Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The worst sunny day I've ever had

Today's high got up to 67 here in Pittsburgh and so we decided to go to the park all day. I woke up early this morning to make bread because we had none and for some reason the bread wasn't rising, so I had to put it in the freezer for later. Right before we left for the park Henry coughed and sneezed at the same time which made snot come out of both his mouth and nose and was so gross that he gagged himself and threw-up macaroni and cheese all over the carpet, his clothes, the chair, and the wood floor. He had no other clothes to wear so I just scrubbed everything up and he smelled like throw-up for the rest of the day. That's what I get for making macaroni and cheese. I felt guilty making it since it's so processed and fake and now I'm paying for it! THEN when we got to the park, I accidentally locked Bea in the car with the keys still inside. Luckily it was still cool outside and I was in the semi-shade and we have AAA coverage. We called them and they came promptly and opened my door, but messed it up in the process and now when I go out tomorrow I fully expect water from the rain outside to leak into my passenger's side door. Volvos are the hardest car to break into, apparently. Even though it was a bad morning, the sunshine made all the problems seem like they weren't mine. I love the sun and so does Henry!

3 comments:

Laurel Dougall said...

i'm so sorry amelia! that sucks! glad you got out though! i know those days, where everything conspires against you! :) laurel

Eddie said...

Amelia, sorry about your bad day.
Vomit just sucks. Period!
Yesterday, I was couseling a couple and their one year old daughter threw-up during the marriage counseling session. I kept counseling them, as the couple cleaned up their kid in my small office. This was hard for me, because when I see or smell vomit, it makes me want to vomit.

Alissa said...

I locked Ella in the car a few weeks ago. While putting her in the carseat the keys fell out of my pocket, I sat on them, locked the doors, and locked her in. I called the police and a fire truck came and helped us. Ella was screaming, literally foaming at the mouth, by the time we got her out. Oh, the joys.