Sunday, March 8, 2009

Really appreciating the Book of Mormon

Today we didn't go to church because I majorly sprained my ankle playing in the YW basketball tournament and can barely walk and Justin had to work today so we spent the day doing Sundayish activities. We read his Book of Mormon comic book, watched Mr. Kruegars Christmas and the Christmas DVD, Joy to the World. While we were watching the scenes of Jerusalem Henry noticed that they were dressed like the people in his comic book and he asked, "Mom, where's Laman in this show?" I had to try to explain that he lived like 600 years before Christ, but yes, this was the same city. He's so observant. I just can't tell you how much he's enjoying the comic book. He even went to get a drink while I was reading this morning and I asked him if he was done reading and he said "no, I just need a drink." and we kept on going. If any of you are trying to read scriptures with your young children I have to say that reading in the morning is significantly easier than when we read with Justin as a family at night from the ol' standard children's Book of Mormon. I think the comic book is also way more exciting to look at as well. We're also planning of Book of Mormon party when we finish reading it. I am currently researching things we can do for our party. I have about 48 days to prepare. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

ChrisnDave said...

I bought the Book of Mormon board book but the pictures just aren't very interesting for River at this point. I'll have to check out that comic book!