Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Urine for an Adventure


Henry has been standing up to go pee pee in the big toilet recently and really enjoys not having to support himself with both of his arms in order to not fall in the toilet, plus it's quicker. He also, with the example of his father, has gotten the idea if there's no potty within 10 yards of where he is standing he is free to just drop his drawers and go outside. Yesterday I caught him peeing off the deck and just a couple hours later he climbed over our fence, wandered into the neighbor's yard and and did the same thing in their back yard right in front of Justin. I warned him that his liberal attitude about peeing in nature was going to come back to haunt him! These boys just have too much fun regressing to their primitive state.

I have to recount the story of what happened last Saturday. I was so disappointed at the time that I didn't want to write anything about it, but now I'm over it. Anyway, I went to the Young Woman's basketball tournament(I was our team's coach) expecting to play a couple hours of basketball which is one of my most favorite sports ever and after I'd played maybe 25 minutes I sprained my ankle and was out for the rest of the tournament. My ankle got so swollen, turned black, blue, yellow, looks like an elephants foot and is now referred to as "the kankle". Anyway, so as I was trying to nurse Bea, and keep ice on my ankle I was trying to keep an eye on Henry who was making a huge mess with the snacks I brought. As soon as it was over I was packing up to leave someone brought Henry over to me and he was soaking wet with pee pee. As soon as he saw the look on my face he ran away only to return with no pants or underwear on and his shoes, which were filled with pee, nowhere to be found. Here I was in excruciating pain, hopping on one foot, carrying two bags, a basketball, a screaming baby in a carseat, and a naked, pee covered boy and his pee covered clothes. I needed like five people to help me out to my car. The drive home was filled with tears. Me because I missed my only chance in two years to play basketball and I let down my team (we got 2nd place), Henry because he wanted to stay and play with his friends and the pee was burning his skin, and Bea because she was hungry and neglected. It was a really bad morning.

3 comments:

ChrisnDave said...

HAAAAAA HAAAA HAAAA - I LOVE the title of that post!!! :)

Thayer said...

Nate's big thing when we're in the car is "I want to go pee pee in the snow" 'cause a couple of times we've had to pull over on the side of a highway and let him go on the snow. Our snow has melted but he still asks to go on the snow. I try to stall him by saying there's no snow so now it's "I want to go pee pee on the grass" - no need for modern plumbing with these guys.

The Giles said...

Oh that is too classic. I love moments like that! Sorry about your ankle.
I also had to come comment because I laughed when you posted on my blog and thought we were moving to Utah. I don't know if it's any better, but we are actually moving to Iowa (Des Moines) I'm a little less than excited, but that's where the job is and I'm excited about that.
Also, can't believe Henry is 3. Matthew will be in 2 weeks. I always will remember being pregnant alongside you and Sandra for the first time in good old NY.