Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pee in the Park

I know, I know. You're thinking, not another post on pee pee or maybe, could it get any worse than it already has? Yes, my friends, it gets worse...

If you read Beatrice's blog you'll know that we just took an 8 day road trip to CT, NYC and Philadelphia. So imagine us in Washington Square park and to give you an idea of our surroundings, this park is frequented by some of the most beautiful, affluent, and fabulous women and children that you have ever seen. Every child was wearing designer clothes, had fabulous hairdos and attended by an equally fabulous and attractive mother. They were all standing around their children as they played in the sand. I was sitting on a bench turned slightly away from where Henry was playing. I could see him out of the corner of my eye and I would glance over occasionally to make sure he was okay. He seemed to be doing fine so I kept talking to my friend who met us for our play date. All of a sudden my friend puts her hands up to her mouth and gasps in horror. I turn around only to witness Henry standing in the middle of all the beautiful children with his pants around his ankles, exposing himself, and peeing into the sand where they were all playing. All of the children had stopped playing in the sand and were all staring at Henry. The mothers were standing with their hands over their mouths, some were shielding their childrens' eyes and some were laughing hysterically. All I could do is bury my head in my hands and wait for him to finish. We went over, pulled his pants, apologized to all present and covered the wet spot with more sand. After I covered the last bit of pee with sand, I looked up and said, "I am so sorry about this. Don't play right here for a while." All the mothers burst out in laughter. I was grateful for their understanding.

I can only imagine what's next.

3 comments:

Thayer said...

They were probably well dressed nannies, and that's why they were so cool about it. Do you want me to send out those manners/etiquette books you gave us? sounds like Henry could use them :)

Amelia Hohl said...

hahaha! Yes, will you please. I actually ended up talking to many of those women and only one of them was a nanny. I was shocked too.

Paige said...

Wow. Honestly, just when you thought you'd seen it all... Oh Henry!