Monday, March 23, 2009

Henry's belated Birthday Party Recap






I can't believe I haven't written about Henry's Birthday party yet. I usually feel like it's so daunting to write about trips or Birthdays because there is just so much to say and I know people don't read those entries so it's not as fun to write about.

So to quickly document what we did...

We had a bug party. I made bug cages from scratch that were really cute. We had a bug hunt. Played the cocoon game which is wrapping someone up with toilet paper and then emerging like a beautiful butterfly (think mummy). We played "buzz, buzz, sting" like "duck, duck, goose". We marched to the ants go marching all around the house. Then we watched Henry's third Birthday slide show and sang Happy Birthday and the kids ate bug cupcakes. While all this was going on I served the adults like 10 different gourmet creations of which we didn't get any photos. Such a travesty. The best thing was the coconut sour cream cake which I will hopefully, eventually, put up on my food blog which has also been neglected. We opened presents and let the kids play. Henry also got a nice bike from my dad and a cute guitar from my mom. He was really good that day and even went #2 in the potty in the middle of all the commotion. He's such a good little boy.

3 comments:

Laurel Dougall said...

I read all your posts, Amelia!!! The party sounds great, and I'm jealous I don't get to try all your delicious gourmet food! Do post recipes. :) laurel

Thayer said...

Love the butterfly sunglasses on Kaitlyn! Great ideas for the party, sounds like fun.

Tracie said...

Sounds like a fun, creative party! Wish we could have been there!