Tuesday, October 2, 2007

More Dog Stories and Singing


This story is in addition to the last dog story when Henry stuck his finger in dog poo before peeing on the doormat and pooping under our deck. Tonight our friend took Henry while Justin and I went to a fancy lecture/dinner for the Orthopedic Surgery department that they have every year. It was so nice to have some time away from Henry for a minute! Don't tell him I said that. Anyway, so when my friend took him to her house, her dog in the back yard started licking the outside of the sliding glass door, and when Henry saw that, he promptly ran over and started licking the inside of the glass door where the dog was licking as if it was second nature to him. lol! I always believed I had a little bit of a natural dog whisperer in me and I think I've passed it on to him:)

So, in the car the other day I was singing Old McDonald had a Farm when I wanted to tell Justin something in mid verse. I stopped singing for a second and Henry continued singing in perfect pitch and tone, "E-I-E-I-O". He actually sang on tune! I'm so glad to hear that because I fear that some of our children will inherit Justin's voice and not my own. Just so you know, that's pretty much one of the only things I would rather they inherit from me and not him. They can be like him in every other way because he is just amazing:)

Henry is getting increasingly jealous of anything that takes my attention away from him and anxious about being separated from me. He doesn't even like me to be out of sight anymore even though it never bothered him before. It seemed to start ever since he learned to say Mommy and Daddy, like now we mean more to him because he can say our names. If he's with Daddy, he calls out for Mommy, making sure I'm close by. If Justin's home and I have Henry in my arms, he calls out for Daddy, wanting him to be in arms reach. I don't know what is going on with him, but I hope it passes soon because I find myself wishing for some more alone time to rest from his intensity.

Oh, and today he got out of the tub twice to run into our room just to pee on the carpet. I guess it's my fault because I was trying to double task by making the bed while he was supposed to be playing (I can see him in the bathroom from anywhere in my room just in case you were wondering), and it was too late to stop him once he ran to the first patch of clean carpet he set foot on. Then when I got him out of the tub, he usually follows me into his room where I put on his diaper, but he was too busy closing doors, which he is obsessed with lately, and spent just a little too long closing our bedroom door and created a little lake next to Justin's nightstand. He also knows the words, "pee pee" "poo poo" and "bum bum" and isn't afraid to use them when he gets the chance.

BTW...that photo is of Henry after the tomatoes in the food processor splashed out all over the kitchen. I let him push the buttons when I chop things up. I cleaned up the walls and the cabinets, but I didn't notice Henry's face until a few minutes later! lol! He also likes to put stickers on his chest while he watches me cook.

No comments: