Sunday, October 28, 2007

Long Neck

Henry got a giraffe outfit from grandma for Halloween, so I've been trying to teach him about giraffes. He has a hard time saying giraffe and really doesn't want to attempt it, but every time I talk about them I show him the sign which makes a gesture showing a long neck and I say "long neck". So instead of saying giraffe when he sees one or sees his outfit he says "long neck," but sounds more like "yong neck." L's are still hard for him. It's pretty funny:) We had a trunk-or-treat last night at the church and our friends have a cute little boy who was dressed up as a rhino and when he saw him, Henry was saying "rhino, rhino!" It was so cute that he recognized what his outfit was and could say rhino! Our nephew, Wee-o, was a caveman and when Henry saw him he wouldn't leave his side. They were getting pretty distracted looking at everyone's costumes as they went from trunk to trunk, but whenever Henry realized that he was separated from Wee-o he would yell his name over and over until we got them back together to walk to the next trunk. Henry loves his cousin:)

I don't have a photo yet, but I hope to have some soon!

No comments: