Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thank you for my children



Henry has stopped taking suggestions from me of what to say while saying his prayers and now he thinks up many interesting things to be thankful for. Today he said, "thank you for my children." then immediately stopped and looked up at me with a big smile and a giggle, and I of course had my eyes open and couldn't hold back a smile. He knew it was funny and that he didn't have children:) I do wonder where he got it from though because Justin and I always refer to our children by name in our prayers and I don't think I have ever just said that we were thankful for our children. He is a silly boy:)

Since Bea has been sick and up all night, I have taken a couple naps on the couch while Henry was still awake only to wake up to find he has gotten into my purse and is eating candy or gum(from my stocking. Thank you Santa). I caught him with my pack of gum and he immediately said, looking rather nervous, "mommy, these are all together, like mommy, daddy and me!" with a huge smile. That was very observant and I really couldn't be angry at such a sweet comment. I asked him if he had already eaten one and he looked at me with his huge eyes, pulled up his shirt to expose his belly and said, "they're already down there." And yes, he had eaten more than one, possibly three. I'll never know.

4 comments:

Thayer said...

Nate would LOVE that race car set!

ChrisnDave said...

Ha ha, Henry is so hilarious! When in the world is Rio gonna start talking?!?!?

1384 n said...

way cute! He is adorable!

julie said...

I love reading all your posts. I need to meet that little Henry boy. He sounds so cute and so funny. My kids raid my purse for gum non stop. :) You got to love them.