Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I bet your story isn't better than this one...


Today I had to go to the pharmacy to get some prescriptions and while we waited in Rite Aid Henry was on his usual rampage picking up candy, playing with the wind-up cars and asking what the name was of every candy and type of cereal. We finally picked up our prescriptions and I was paying for them at the check-out counter when Henry put a nice package on the counter-top for me. Yup, his poopy diaper was off his bum and sitting open and on the check-out counter. The people behind me were shocked, to say the least, and since the teenager checking me out was half way done scanning my items I sent Henry to the corner to wait for me and he shuffled over with his pants down to his ankles and a nice smudge of poo in-between his cheeks. I hurried back over to pay for the stuff and a couple women asked me if I needed them to hold Bea, but I didn't want to hand over my baby and have them run off with her while I was wiping my other child's bum. Then a couple redneck looking hunter guys came in and were cracking up and saying, "I remember when you used to do that Billy Bob!" and were laughing and pointing at him standing in the corner. The worst part came when I finally got to where Henry was standing and to keep himself occupied while I was paying for our stuff, he was painting on the wall with his finger with the poop left on his bum. I was horrified. I cleaned Henry up and the poop painting, gave the wrapped up poopy diaper to the kid behind the counter to throw away, which he didn't want to do, and we left the store. I don't know if I ever want to show our faces in there again. I dare anyone to top this story.

12 comments:

Laurel Dougall said...

you've got me beat, amelia. can't top that one, so sorry! i feel for you. i can't stand poop!

ChrisnDave said...

HOLY SMOKES!!! I've got tears streaming down my face cuz that story made me laugh so hysterically! All I can say is that something that crazy hasn't happened to us yet... but I'm sure the day will come...

julie said...

I am laughing so hard right now. That takes the trophy for the stories of all stories. I can only imagine it all....I can see one of my kids doing that too. Ahh, the fun things that happen as a mother. Oh, I am still laughing!!! :)

Paige said...

Ok Amelia, that is way too hilarious!! I'm glad you kept your wits about you. I'm pretty sure I would be mortified! Leave it to Henry to keep you on your toes!

The Muse said...

Wow. That's amazing. Wow.

jess21stars said...

im pretty sure i would have pretened he wasnt mine! u have way more patience than me, i would have totally killed him!! how horrible for you!!
however, that is definately one for the journal!
keep the stories coming, u made my day!

1384 n said...

Nope! You totally win hands down! LOL Good story for the record books though. Thanks for sharing!

jtingey said...

I want to comment but I have to go throw-up - excuse me. JT

Trixie said...

You take the prize my girl :) Tears are streaming down my face cause I am laughing so hard. He's definitely keeps you on your toes.

Autumn Kimball said...

I know it was so not funny at the time I am so sorry- But it is painfully funny to hear about. You win hands down.

Brazil's Girl said...

Wow Amelia, I'm embarrassed just reading it. You are right no one can top this one. Amazing!

jiners said...

hahahahahaha! I am crying!