Sunday, January 11, 2009

Moment of Truth

Today in church we were singing the Sacrament hymn, "While of these Emblems we Partake" and the second verse starts, "The law was broken, Jesus died, that justice might be satisfied..." and miraculously Henry was listening to the words of the song and turned to me and said, "Mommy, Jesus died?" and I told him that, yes, he did. I almost cried when I had to say it into his large, innocent, inquiring eyes. I know we had told him before, but I guess it was just his time to really understand it. We talk about Jesus all the time, about his life, about how much he is alive in our lives, but probably only a couple of times about his death, so I bet he was a little shocked when he heard that he had died. I guess we need to review that part:) He has such a sweet little spirit and we're so grateful for his presence in our home.

He also bolted out of nursery today to find me and when he did I asked him what he needed he said, "Mommy, I need somebody." I had to hold back my laughter because he was so serious. He probably said it because this is the first Sunday his best friends and cousin weren't in nursery because they moved up to Primary and left him behind for another year. I know he's not ready to move up, but it makes me sad to see his buddies move on, sitting in the chairs, singing the songs and being so mature, and then seeing Henry in the nursery playing on the ground with toys in his diaper. He'll be a baby for one more year, I guess.

2 comments:

The Muse said...

What a sweet boy! I can't wait to see you all again... someday... we miss you!

1384 n said...

i love it...what a sweet spirit!