Sunday, September 23, 2007

Henry's new way of getting out of Sacrament Meeting

So, I was supposed to sing today with my ensemble, but our friend Cynthia called to say that her little 2 year old was throwing up and she wouldn't be able to sing. So I had to cancel the ensemble and I don't even know if I can reschedule because it's a total hassle to get everyone together. PLUS, my neighbor Swati whom I adore was coming to church today for the first time to hear me sing. I tried to call someone about doing a solo, but I couldn't get a hold of anyone so I was just going to talk to someone before church about it. I pulled into church a few minutes early and was rushing to get in when I somehow accidentally locked the car, got out, shut the door and there was Henry and all my stuff for Sharing Time and music locked in my car at church that's 20 minutes drive from my house. Aaaahhh!!!! I couldn't even call Swati to tell her not to come or about what happened. Fortunately I parked in the shade and after a few minutes of trying to get Henry to push the buttons or pull the lock up, we gave up. We tried to point to the keys or the lock button, but he would just put his fingers on the glass where our fingers were touching the glass. We were laughing hysterically. Henry was roaming free in the car and he was happy as a clam! haha! I borrowed a friend's car, drove home, got a spare key, and drove back. When I pulled up, my sister-in-law and Swati were in the parking lot waiting with Henry and my car and there was just 10 minutes left of Sacrament Meeting. When we opened the car door, there was such a stench that everyone almost passed out. Henry had a the nastiest poopy diaper full of undigested grapes. Gross!! My singing plans were shot and Swati didn't even get a chance to feel the spirit. Can you believe this? So, she stayed to hear my lesson in Sharing Time, which actually went really well and then left. Soon after that, I soon realized that I had forgotten my binder with all my secretary stuff and wasn't able to do any of my normal duties. How in the blazes???!!! Then after church I got snagged to sing in the ward choir and I had to sing through Henry's screaming fits because he was so tired. After that, we went home. On the way home I realized that I had left almost all my props, including my cowboy hat and my down slippers at church because I couldn't clean up properly after my lesson with all the commotion going on. Henry was already asleep too, so I couldn't return without risking messing up Henry's nap. He slept from 2:30 to 6:30(four hours!!!) and I still hear him whining upstairs at almost 11pm because he's not tired enough to fall asleep. Plus, this whole time Justin was at work and won't come home until tomorrow afternoon. We did finally get a chance to go down to visit him at the hospital and eat cinnamon rolls for 15 minutes with him, so that was the only relaxing part of the day.

2 comments:

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

Craaazy!

PS--Your house is beautiful! I loved seeing pictures of it.

Sarah said...

Okay, that tops the list. That is the funniest church story ever. I know you don't want to hear this but most police departments will unlock cars for free if there is a kid locked inside. (I've called my fair share of PD's for a free Jimmy.) So don't worry, you're not the only one.