Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Shoe Crazy

Henry loves his shoes. He screams and cries whenever I change his diaper, try to put clothes on him, or take his clothes off. He, however, loves to wear his brown sandals that his grandparents bought for him all day long. I really didn't mind much until he started figuring out how to take one shoe off with the other foot. Now, I'm stuck putting his shoe back on a hundred times per day. All I would hear is "uh-oh, shoe, shoe, shoe, shoe...etc" as he would hobble over to me with one shoe on and one shoe off and patiently wait for me to put it back on. I would watch him walk back over to the carpet, sit down, and pull his shoe back off. Ugh. I had enough! I decided I had to get him some sort of a Croc knockoff. I checked all around, but they were either all out, or didn't carry anything of the sort. During out trip to Niagara Falls this last weekend we ran across a guy selling fake crocs for $5 and I was like "this is exactly what I was looking for!" We found a pair of white, blue and green swirled ones that have an Owl on them -- cool enough for a 18 month old -- and I was totally satisfied...until we got home. I couldn't wait for Henry to be able to take his shoes off and on all by himself. It worked for about a day, then he started moaning. After a few minutes I realized that Henry has inherited my super high, but collapsed arch that gets blistered from every shoe that was ever made (except Chinatown slippers) and that the button that connects the back strap was rubbing him in that very spot. He had his first little blister! Poor little guy:( I tried to tape it, but he just pulled it off. Band-aid - no good. I ripped the blasted thing right out of it's hole and so now there's no strap holding the shoes on!...which means that the shoes fall off everywhere we go...especially the supermarket where we had to retrace out steps 3 times to find a missing shoe. I didn't worry too much about someone stealing Henry's cheap knockoff rubber owl blister causing nightmare slippers anyway. By the way, my real Crocs give me a blister too.

1 comment:

Selva said...

I was very much exited with this shoes....Now am eager to go to school .Thanks for Joseph seibel products