Sunday, August 5, 2007

Shhh, Show, and Shoe


Words, words, and more words. It seems like just in this past month, Henry has picked up many new words and is able to repeat what I say a lot easier. Even though he's a little bit shy to vocalize what I tell him to say, he likes to try in the comfort of his own home, tub, or in the car. Whenever I ask him to perform in front of people, he might say one word, but then gets embarrassed and pretends he doesn't hear me.

Henry has started to say "shhhhhh...." holding his finger to his mouth whenever we see someone sleeping, especially Daddy. Every time I say, "where's Dad?" he does the Ssshhh sound and searches for him in our room sleeping in our bed, which is where he very frequently is sleeping. He must really like that sshhh sound because he has started saying "show" and "shoe" all day long, but since he is used to whispering "sssshhh", he only whispers those words. I ask Henry if he wants to watch a show and he'll whisper "show, show, show". The way he pronounces "shoe" is like a combination of "ssshhh" and "eeeww" which turns into "sheewww". He surely is having fun exploring his new vocabulary!

No comments: