Monday, January 15, 2007

Scared of the Vacuum


So, Henry really doesn't like the vacuum, or anything that makes a loud, continuous noise. He can barely stand the blow-drier, but the vacuum is totally unbearable for him. This makes vacuuming my house very difficult because I'm usually by myself at home and our walls aren't very soundproof, which makes it impossible to vacuum while he naps. And if he's awake, he's always right at my side begging for food like a little puppy, so if I vacuum with him in the vicinity, he screams bloody murder. Once I tried to hold him and vacuum at the same time, all the while, smiling and singing fun songs to help him realize that it's not so scary. No luck. This gives me a great excuse to let Justin do all the vacuuming. haha! So, the other day, I left the Vacuum in the upstairs hallway after I vacuumed all the Christmas garland needles from the stairs so that it was inbetween Henry's room and the stairs. Lately, I try to get Henry to crawl after me when I want him to come somewhere, so yesterday I tried to get him to come from his room to the stairs where I was going to go down. I really didn't think anything of the lingering vacuum, but boy, did he see it. He stopped at his door, sat back and scanned his surroundings. He looked in my room, back in his room and then at the vacuum, leting out a little whimper. Good thing our Henners is a very brave little baby, because he suddenly made a dash for me at the stairs, crawling as fast as he could, letting out his famous, high pitched scream as he passed the vacuum to where I was sitting. Haha! That was so classic. It made me realize how smart he is, and how much he can remember. Sometimes I forget how much of a little sponge he is. So cute!

He's also really into making boy noises lately. Any noise you can make using just air and your cheek, tongue, throat, and nasal cavity, he can do. Whenever he hears a truck, airplane, or car outside, he stops, looks at where it's coming from and makes a sound equivelant to the arab pronounciation of the letter "H", but with a closed mouth with the sound coming from his nose. Sounds nice? That IS actually one of the nicer ones! haha!

1 comment:

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

He is so adorable! I can't believe how big he is.