Sunday, May 22, 2011

Road Trip #1 Revisited:DC

For some reason I have a hard time blogging about road trips but I have to blog about the trips we've been on these past few months.  We took a trip to the Washington DC temple March 26th and we hung out with our great friends the Romneys (woot woot!) and spend all day Saturday amongst the beautiful cherry blossoms.  It was the first day of the Cherry Blossom Festival so the blossoms were absolutely perfect and we got some really fun photos of the kids playing by the trees.  Henry actually got in trouble from security a couple of times because he was venturing in the flower beds and tried to climb up some trees.  I felt bad because we have really never found a tree that he could climb around here.  Our neighborhood and the parks around here do not have climbing friendly trees and I can see the desire to climb  coming out in him.  I was a super tree climber back in the day, climbing up really tall trees to watch baseball games and dreaming up really cool tree houses in the huge horse chestnut trees in Lindsey Gardens.  I am actually kind of excited to go back to SLC and go to the old trees I used to climb and let Henry climb up.

Anyway, Justin and I got to go to the temple to pray and meditate about a job opportunity while the Romneys watched our kids and they had a blast playing in the mud.  Luckily they have a plethora of clothes of all sizes and we got all the kids dressed in clean clothes for the festival.  On Sunday we attended their Spanish ward which was fun trying to understand what was being said.  I understood maybe 60% of everything and got the gist of all the talks. We drove home with no problems.  We love that place and visiting our friends!

No comments: