Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Forgot to Think

 Another mud creation by Henry

I have been drilling into Henry's head that he needs to think about everything he does before he does it and decide if it would be a good decision or a bad decision.  He has come up to me a few times and apologized that he made a bad decision, which is very big of him.  Today we were at the park and I noticed he was playing in the mud.  I really didn't care because he was wearing dirty old clothes and we were just going home after that, but after he had finished playing in the mud he came up to me, covered from head to toe, saying, "Mommy, I'm sorry.  I just forgot to think." I almost laughed out loud but I kept my composure and thanked him for realizing that he made a huge mess and that he probably shouldn't have gotten so incredibly dirty.

 Cute bonding moment with Henry.  How can I not love this boy?

Luckily the pool was open and we got to use their showers to clean up Henry and his friend Daniel and it was no big deal in the end.  It was so cute though while I was cleaning him up because he realized that he wasn't in trouble so he started telling me all the things they were playing in the mud.  He was so cute about it and so excited about his mud creations.  He really is a creative little boy and I love seeing his mind at work.

No comments: