Friday, November 6, 2009

Tears for Tomatoes



Today I broke down my garden and threw the withered, dry tomato plants in the compost along with all the tomatoes that Justin forgot to pick while we were on vacation that rotted on the vine.  When he saw they were all gone Henry burst into tears.  I held him and told him we would plant new ones next year and that we could go out and buy some today and he wept..."But I only love Heirlooms!"  That's my boy:)



BTW there are beautiful heirloom tomatoes at Right by Nature(local organic store) that are almost $6 per lb.  Is any other produce you can think of that's that expensive? I don't know that there is. Any ideas?


Henry also caught a walking stick the other day all on his own.  I'm so proud that he's following in my footsteps, loving bugs, nature, gardens.  He really loves everything now that I think about it.  I have so many interests that I usually can't choose between any one of them so I do them all.  I think Henry'll be like that too.  We can't wait to get him up on his own skis this year.  Many wipe-outs are to come!

No comments: