Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lunch? What?


 Marta, Henry, Thomasin
So as most of the other children are graduating to cool Halloween costumes my son likes to stick with his theme of really cuddly, plush animal costumes.  His cousin was a cool pirate and Henry was a fuzzy frog.  He loved his costume and it kept him really warm.  Neither of my kids needed a coat and that's always a plus(Just ask Jerry Seinfeld).  He raked in tons of candy which I threaten or bribe him with daily.


I'm about ready to throw it away since he's shed a lake full of tears already when I don't let him have it whenever he thinks about it which is usually first thing in the morning...and every second until he goes to sleep.  I also realized that he has no concept about Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.  Have any of you had trouble with this? I have tried to teach him and there's even a song that he knows from Signing Time about it but he still can't remember what Lunch is and when it's eaten.  That may be an issue stemming from me not having any sort of regular eating schedule until just recently.  I tell him he can have a piece of candy after lunch and he eagerly eats his breakfast and then asks for candy at 9am.  I tell him, "no, after lunch, which is in a few hours" and then he bursts into tears, sometimes for extended periods of time.

Two of the most disturbing costumes ever

He's also started turning my techniqes for threatening back on me like when I tell him I'm going to throw his candy away if he doesn't start behaving he'll say, "If you do that, then I'm going to hit Bea all day long and be really mad." Then I say, "Well I'll just put you outside all day then." at which point he says, "I'm just kidding mom."  It's getting cold out there.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Is that Justin? I can't quite tell.

Now I can't get "get candy, get candy, get candy, get candy..." out of my head.