Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Phone trouble

Today in the car I was talking to my sister-in-law on the phone about some important matter when Henry decided to throw a "you're not paying attention to me" tantrum in the back seat. The stickers on the play phone he was playing with came off so he got mad and decided he didn't want it anymore. I tried to tell him to wait until I was done talking a few times but he got more frustrated and was thrashing back and forth and kicking my seat, waking Bea up, and was screaming, "I don't want this phone!!" over and over. When I finally got off the phone and turned around. He said with a fake pout, "I don't want this phone." So I took it and threw it out the window. Henry was mortified. Just then a little boy with his mom was walking by and I said, "oh look Henry, that little boy will probably find your phone and take it home with him." Henry was in such a state of shock and agony about it that I don't think he took a breath for over a minute. He started wailing, "I want my phone now, I want my phone now!" I know how much he loves his play phone so I pulled into the parking lot and picked it up (Luckily that boy didn't take it) and told him that next time, I wouldn't go back for his phone. Needless to say, he was an angel for the rest of the trip and the rest of the day.

3 comments:

Laurel Dougall said...

that's too funny amelia!!!

Sarah said...

I love your parenting tactics. Keep 'um coming...

Trixie said...

you go girl! you're nicer than me, I wouldn't have gone to get it :)