Thursday, April 23, 2009

Out of the routine

Henry got the 24 hour flu that's been circulating and so we canceled our Earth Day garbage pick-up in the park and I quarantined him in his room so he wouldn't infect Bea or me and it seemed to have worked. This afternoon I was finally convinced that he wasn't sick anymore and I let him touch Bea and the two of them were overjoyed to be able to interact again. They were wrestling, playing and laughing like they hadn't seen each other for years! It's so wonderful to see how much they missed each other. Henry took such a long nap yesterday that he didn't go to sleep until midnight! I was reminiscing back when he wouldn't get to bed until sometime between midnight and one am when we were waiting for Justin to get home. I can't believe he actually had that schedule! I made sure he didn't take a nap today so he went to bed at the normal time of 8pm. I left him in his room to unwind while I put Bea to bed and when I went back in there, he was nestled in his bed ready to fall asleep when I peeked my head in to say good-night when he said in a tired, scruffy voice, "we need to read the Book of Mormon". I had totally forgotten! We sat together and read the story of young Nephi and Lehi while they were missionaries and were protected by a ring of fire and converted all the Lamanite prison guards. He LOVED the story. I can't wait to go down to Washington DC tomorrow and go to the LDS bookstore so I can get some fun things for our Book of Mormon party when we finish. We're going to have a great time. Thanks for inspiring us to read Henry. We love you so much!

2 comments:

Simone said...

You came to DC and didn't tell me! I would have loved to play or babysit or whatever. I love your blogs. I need to call you. I am coming to Pitt next week, I think we should have a Cinco de Mayo party. I won't be there that long, work.

Eddie said...

That flu is hard on a kid.
DC is an interesting place.