Wednesday, April 22, 2009

American Idol Prayer of Thanks

Lately we have been encouraging Henry to say something new in his prayers since they've begun to get really repetitious. We usually pause before our prayers and tell him to think of the things that we did that day and to thank Heavenly Father for being able to participate in the many fun activities in our lives. It just so happened that our ward had an American Idol night that was an almost exact replica of the show with videos, Ryan Seacrest, the judges, professional stage lighting, a giant disco ball, and 10 fabulous contestants. The activity was awesome and went off without a hitch and since I was on the activities committee I worked hard for months to get it all put together. I was also IN the show....and actually WON the show. I sang "Love Story" by Taylor Swift and played the guitar with my brother-in-law, Franklin, on the piano. I am really flattered that I won, but was more embarrassed because I basically created and won my own show. Anyway, so after Henry saw me win the show I told him that I was the American Idol and I think he really took it to heart because the next night he said in his prayers, twice in the same prayer, "thank-you that mommy is American Idol". Justin cracked up during the prayer, but I was grateful that my son was proud of me:). And for the first time EVER He didn't complain when I told him we were watching it last night. I think he fully expected to see me on the show this week. Now I bet I've really confused him.

4 comments:

ChrisnDave said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, that's awesome. And CONGRATS!!! I'd LOVE to hear your rendition!!! I think you should give us a concert at the bonfire... bring your guitar or mandolin or something down...

Thayer said...

what was Simon's critique on your performance?

Tracie said...

That's funny! I'm glad he was proud of you. I'm sure you were amazing!

Amelia Hohl said...

Simon said he liked my shoes. All the comments were really nice no matter what. We didn't want anyone feeling bad at all. Our old bishop did a great Simon doing the serious critique and then ending on a positive note.