Thursday, January 10, 2008

In like a lion, out like a lamb





This morning Henry started crying...and he cried for about an hour straight and I couldn't console him with anything, even blueberries, which are his favorite all-time fruit. Luckily, we had a trip to the Science Center planned so as soon as he saw his cousins and his best friend, his mood changed, but holy morning from hell- that was insane. He got progressively better as the day went on, and since he's still on a super late schedule we were up until 11 pm taking down the Christmas decorations. He loved scavengering around the floor for fallen candies off the gingerbread ornaments. Henry did a pretty good job of eating at least one per day, so they didn't all go to waste. I finally put him down to sleep, but since I have to squeeze myself in his toddler bed to snuggle for a minute, he had lately gotten angry at me for using his pillow or not giving him enough room, but tonight he was happy to have me there. After he had fallen asleep I tried to get up, but he instinctively, but half-asleep, rolled over and put his little arm around my neck to hold me down. I was so touched that he had his arm around me (which doesn't happen very often) that I stayed for a couple more minutes before leaving the room. He was so sweet and happy to be with me. I just love him so much.

2 comments:

julie said...

You look so great! I love reading about your adventures. Henry is a cutie. Oh man, I can totally relate to those days when the kids are just whinny. It is hard, but then they do something so sweet later on & somehow you forget how you were about to go crazy:). How was your trip? I hope this year is better for you, you desearve it.

Sarah said...

Love the sunglasses pic. Henry looks so much like his mamma!