Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Small Talk






Henry has been talking more and more lately. He even puts together two to three word sentences. He loves copying what I say and sometimes it really shocks me when he says something I think would have been too difficult to say. Today he was saying "nuts" when he saw my cinnamon sugar toasted pumpkin seeds and I told him that they were actually pumpkin seeds and he said it! "Punkin seeds" is what he said! He also says things like "farm book", "happy boy", "daddy seeping", "baby, mommy, daddy + (any animal) and "socks and shoes". It really seems like he's communicating more with me and not just copying words just to say them. He really loves to talk to me and hear what I have to say back.

You know by now that he loves the letter "W". While he was in the tub, I showed him that a W upside-down is also an M. He was so intrigued by it. He is so amazed that he now makes me turn all W's upside down to show that they make M's. When he sees it, he says "woh" under his breath. haha! He also walks around the house muttering to himself "W, M, W, M" and sometimes "ABC, W" or "AB, M". When he catches me watching him, he gets embarrassed and usually does something goofy like flop all over the floor like a rag doll screaming nonsense.

Henry also loves to say animal words like, rhino, giraffe(which he can say now), horse, zebra, panda, and others. He also loves it if they're on his PJ's or his clothes. I can't believe how much easier it has been to get him dressed if there's some sort of animal on his shirt. Even Ralph Lauren's shirts with the tiny polo player on them is enough for Henry to let me dress him.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's so cute! I love the pics. Especially the one at the restaurant.