Sunday, July 29, 2007

copycat







When I was growing up, I used to make fun of kids who copied anything anyone said or did by yelling "copycat!", but when Henry copies what I do or say, I love it. Henry loves to play the funny face game and even gets random passers by to play with him. It begins with me having a conversation with a neighbor or friend while holding Hen and he will begin imitating their facial expressions which usually leads us to abandon our conversation and turn all our attention to him. He's such a clever chap. He also tries to copy things I say which is how he started saying "I love you". When he's alone, usually in the tub and we get some good one-on-one time, he'll copy me when I try to teach him new words and signs. Of course when I do, I cheer, "Yea Henry, good boy!" and clap my hands. The other morning, Henry woke up to his usual conversation with himself in the crib and I was lucky enough to be able to open the door without him noticing and watch him for a few seconds before he saw me. There he was, lying on his back doing signs and then after each one, he would cheer and clap for himself yelling "yyeeaaaaaayyyy! yesssssssss!" I'm so happy that he picked that one up from me! haha!


He's also really great at folding his arms for the prayer. Unless I have his favorite food waiting on his tray, he will sit and patiently wait until the prayer ends before running around or starting to eat. Sometimes when Justin and I kneel across from each other for our evening prayers, Henry can't decide who's lap to sit on. During the prayer, which can become long, he will switch sides quite a few times before we're done, but each time he switches he sits down and folds his arms again. What a good little guy:) One of my goals when he turns 18 months is to start teaching him to recognize Jesus Christ, even though I know he still knows him and they're good buddies.

1 comment:

ChrisnDave said...

toooooo sweet!!! :) you're such an amazing mother, amelia!