Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Jackson Hohl in Jackson Hole



Wow, it's really tough to write "hole" not Hohl. haha! Justin, Henry and I, along with Justin's entire family went to the Jackson Hole area for 5 days after his sister's wedding in SLC. The cabin we rented was huge, ornately decorated, and completely wheelchair accessible. It sat on 40 farmed acres with perfect views of the Grand Teton mountains. We had fun adventures hiking and going to fun activities in Jackson Hole and surrounding area. Henry had a fabulous time palling around with Kaitlin and Wee-o, in fact, Wee-o is one of Henry's first words and he says it many times a day. Even though Wee-o, Henry and eventually Kaitlin got sick on the trip, we had a great time. Henry's favorite part was playing in the back yard with his cousins on the rocks and looking at all the farm animals as we drove around. Henry loves signing horse and laughs a lot as he watches me sign cow and moo. Henry's vocabulary is steadily increasing. He says some sort of version of "what's this?" when he looks at things and sometimes he says things like "this is a...horse" to name one. Just as we were leaving Salt Lake Henry started saying "I love you" it's pretty much the cutest thing you've ever heard. I have been trying to teach him I love you in sign, so I say it even more often than normal, which ends up being about a hundred times per day. When I ask him to say it, he gets a shy smirk on his face and says "I" then moves his tongue around his lips making "l" sounds and then says "you." My heart melts to hear him say it. He is the most darling boy in the world.


After the trip to Jackson Hole, Henry and I stayed behind to see our family and friends. We hung out with cousin Emily, Peter and Wil in Provo and we saved the life of a baby blue jay learning to fly from the dogs. We also spent time at Uncle Tony and Shelly's and then played with Aunt Kris, Tim and Kate. We had so much fun and ate really yummy food! Henry really loved that every place we stayed had either dogs or cats. I wish we could get a dog for Henry. He would love it, but it would destroy our house and all our travel plans.

1 comment: