Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Last day of School

This is as good as it gets when trying to photograph all my children together.  I love to see the snow that's still on the mountains in the background.  It's almost gone!


Yesterday was the last day of Kindergarten.  I'm so excited to have my schedule back to how it was before this school year.  I know I signed him up for Chinese immersion school, but I'm kind of dreading the mundane every day schedule that comes with putting your kids in school.  I used to go on a road trip every month without a care in the world and I miss it.  I heard that Chinese school has a lot of homework.  I think it's going to be a good thing that I'm homeschooling him for half the day and that he's already ahead in reading and writing so we can just focus on learning Chinese for the first difficult months without it taking up all his time at home.  He keeps asking me when we're going to Italy and I keep telling him that it's just the first day of summer vacation and he will have to wait two months before we leave.  We're heading out to CT and NYC for a week in a couple of weeks where he will see his cousins.  He'll be so excited!

2 comments:

julie said...

Such a cute photo. I am with you! I love when summer rolls around and there is no morning rush trying to get everyone to school.

Sarah said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds it impossible to get a cute little happy family pic. That must take an army of circus clowns behind the scenes to pull that off. Fun you are going to Italy!