Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Slushing

Fun in the sun. 
It snowed a decent amount this past weekend and as I drove past our local park I noticed about 1000 kids sledding down a really great hill and wished I were doing it as well.  I actually had a ski date with Henry that day so I vowed to go sledding as soon as I could get to Wal Mart to buy some inner tubes without having to drag all the kids with me, which just happened to be last night.  I spent at least an hour blowing up the tubes interspersed with dizzy spells and we headed out this morning to sled with Ella and Avery.  When I stepped outside I noticed that I was hot in just my shirt and then looked around and saw that there was no snow left on our front lawn.  I drove to the park and there was about 1/4 inch of slush on the ground left to sled on.  No matter how hard I pushed the tubes, they would slowly slide down.  Perfect for the little kids, I guess, but after about 10 minutes Henry said, "mom, I'm bored." I was too, my thrill seeking, speed skiing son.  The kids found it more fun to wade around in the swampy cesspool smelling pond at the bottom of the hill and after getting thoroughly soaked, decided to head up to the park where they had plenty of fun and didn't get bored at all playing in the balmy 59 degree weather. This is the only time in the past 10 years I wish it were cold and snowy and it's warm and sunny every day.  Go figure.

No comments: