Thursday, February 3, 2011

Do you Strew?

I got this idea to "strew" the other day by leaving things out for Henry and Bea to find to see if they're interested in them and it works! It's an actual technique to indirectly teach.  I feel like I can keep them busy when I feel like putting things out, not when I'm in the middle of feeding Clementine or doing the dishes or cooking.  I finally have some control around here!   Henry found a note pad and pencil I left out and decided to make treasure maps and instructions on how to make a tent, which took him about a half hour to create and then we went on a treasure hunt and made his tent, only after following his very detailed and numbered instructions and then we had a Birthday party in the tent.  The most fun part of our treasure hunt was when after we found the loot we all hugged each other and jumped and chanted, "we're rich!, we're rich!" Both kids were laughing hysterically and so was I.  Henry is so much fun!

No comments: