Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Drama I didn't ask for

Today was a wild day.  I took my kids to my friend's house to watch while I took a scuba diving course in the morning/early afternoon and then I came back to Gulzat's house to be at a discussion with the missionaries who got lost and never showed up, then Henry wanted to go to soccer practice, but wouldn't participate (like last time) because the shirts Stef made weren't blue and then the missionaries showed up an hour and a half after they said they would and asked if they could come tomorrow, which I can hardly do because I have my other half of the course tomorrow and have to go to Costco to get diapers and food for my friend who just had a baby today.  Then I took my kids home, got some food, rushed out the door to get some gardening supplies for the YW activity tonight, buy a new charger for my portable DVD player (that still doesn't work) and pick up my CSA(community supported agriculture) box(vegetables are taking over my fridge) and while turning to get on the freeway I ran into the curb(around an illegally parked car) and shredded my tire and had to wait for Justin to arrive to help me.  While I was waiting, another woman did the exact same thing I did and she held my baby while I searched for her spare tire and tried undoing the lug nuts, which we couldn't do and many passing homeless men and strangers asked to help, the most notable was a drunk, one legged black man who had just gotten out of the hospital from having three stents put in his heart driving a power chair.  He was bouncing up and down on the wrench with his only good leg trying to get it to budge with no luck.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  One homeless man kept asking me for money and I gave him the hamburger I bought for Justin since I was out of food, except for raw vegetables, and my kids were screaming to be let out of the car on a busy street with drunks everywhere.  Then another drunk man came by and said he knew someone with a tow truck who could help us and he loosened the nuts for us for free.  Yea!  While I was out of the car, Henry and Bea destroyed my car with chicken nuggets and ketchup. Justin finally got there, I transferred all my stuff and the kids to his car, rushed up to the church while Bea was torturing the baby until she was screaming her lungs out and did my gardening activity with the YW and then I came home, gave my dirty kids a bath, put them to bed and I've been studying for my scuba class until one in the morning and I have to wake up in 5 hours. 

3 comments:

Alissa said...

Crazy day! Hope today goes smoother.

DCRomney 2010 said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, that totally trumps my day getting in an accident and then watching that motorcycle due endo and bounce off another car and then get flown out by helicopter! :)

Lynn said...

The most amazing thing is....you are still smiling and still look beautiful!!! Modern day pioneer I would say.