Sunday, September 28, 2008

Adventures of Henry's Evil Twin

Ever since Bea was born, Henry's evil twin comes while I'm busy and does things that make my jaw drop. On a daily basis Henry has been immersing his hands in whatever food I give him from pasta to catsup to yogurt to applesauce and beyond. I always know when he does it because he'll say, "Uh oh" and then say "sorry mom" over and over again with an apathetic look on his face. When I take his food away, he'll start to cry and say, "I said sorry mom, I said I was sorry" like everything is okay as long as he says sorry after he does it. The other day he pulled the cover off our heating/cooling vents and dropped apples down in it's depths. As they were tumbling down, he said, "sorry mom, sorry mom, sorry mom" for every apple that he dropped. At the pumpkin patch he was throwing pumpkins around like yesterdays garbage, breaking and bruising them in the process. He also pulled one of the wagons that is supposed to be used to cart around the pumpkins down the slightly sloped parking lot and it started to go too fast for him, almost ran him over, but let go just in time for it to crash into a beautiful display of mums. I have never felt so helpless in my life as I was holding my newborn and couldn't run after my crazy toddler as he was potentially going to kill himself and/or ruin property. I really hope every baby I have doesn't inspire my children to behave so badly.

2 comments:

ChrisnDave said...

I think its time to hire a nanny! Or just come move in with us and we can help each other out :)

1384 n said...

Hi Amelia, Hate to tell ya my experience, but it gets worse with each child! Congratulations though! I'm so happy for you. I want to see a pic of her!