Monday, August 25, 2008

Big Brother Henry

Henry is finally a big brother to a tiny little sister, Beatrice Isabella or Bea(Bay-uh) for short. He is so gentile and sweet with her and is always concerned with her well being. Early on we had noticed some subtle changes in his behavior for the good and not much bad, but recently he's been driving us totally insane to get our attention. Some of the cute things he's done with her are in the car he was very quiet because he was just watching her sleep and when Justin went to get Henry out of his seat he was holding her hand. He constantly kisses her and gently rubs her head. This morning he was downstairs yelling out, "mommy, baby sister! baby sister, mommy!" over and over until my sister went down to calm him down. He touched her soft fuzzy skin and said, "she's like a peach" (we eat peaches all day long around here) and before he does ANYTHING he has to go kiss her first. He is really enjoying her presence in our home. He, however, has been acting out a ton and trying to get away with things. He broke the refrigerator drawer, he's been climbing up on everything, not listening at all, won't go to bed anymore, won't let anyone do anything for him but me, and is pretty much driving me crazy. I hope things calm down soon because I miss my sweet little boy who was so tender, thoughtful, polite and helpful. Where did you go my son!

Beatrice now has her own blog with photos and the story of her arrival at http://beabella.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Thayer said...

We want pictures of Bea! Congratulations, guys, it sounds like Hen is a great brother and normal. He knows he's got to fight for attention now. Can't wait to swap stories when our little girl comes! T

Jodi said...

I think the best advice I got, which is not always easy to follow, is that your toddler is going to be harder than your newborn and you should pay a lot more attention to the toddler than you normally do when the newborn comes. Savvy still needs a lot of attention, I call her my little shadow. But she is good with Solomon as long as she knows she's the apple of my eye...Good luck! People tell me this is the hardest stage of parenting, having just one toddler and a newborn. I guess we'll see. Its definitely getting harder for me now that Solomon is mobile and crawls up the stairs and up on the furniture.