Friday, March 21, 2008

Our Little Adventurer




Every day is such an adventure with Henry. I am more excited than ever to do all the fun activities this summer that we have missed over the winter. Now that Henry is more self sufficient and more capable, he can learn to swim, go on long hikes, help me with the gardening, and maybe even learn to ride a bike with training wheels. I seriously can't wait!


Justin has had some much needed time off which has allowed us to play outside when the sun is shining. Justin went sledding with Henry down our neighbor's back hill after our last big snowstorm. We also went on our favorite river walk/hike and found a tributary that we hadn't seen before that had a great waterfall and just enough water for Henry to be able to climb up it. Henry has great rock climbing skills and even though he was freezing cold and totally drenched, he never cried and was more focused and content on what he was doing than I've seen him in a long time. Henry cought a little moth that I think had barely hatched because it wasn't moving much, but it was alive and Henry noticed it on a rock and gently picked it up to show us. We also found a baby centipede in the base of our lime tree which we played with and it was really fun. Henry wanted me to "put it in the grass," which was actually the carpet. That boy really needs to get outside more! When the sun went down, we had to drag him out of the river and luckily we weren't far from our car because as soon as Henry was out of the water, he quickly felt how cold he was and we ended up taking him over to Kaitlin and Wee-o's house with no pants or shoes on. lol!

Henry and Wee-o, his favorite cousin, went to the Aviary one day and then to the park to play since it was about 70 degrees outside. I love the random warm days! They had so much fun together. It's so funny to see their different personalities because when Henry gets around his buddies, he doesn't listen and likes to show off, so he ran through the muddy baseball diamond and stepped in every puddle until he was disgustingly dirty, while Wee-o wanted me to carry him across every muddy spot and after playing at the park for an hour, had not one speck of dirt on his clothes. haha! I also tried to get the boys to feed the birds at the aviary and both of them were afraid of them at first, but Henry ended up warming up to them and even though they were biting him a little bit, he still tried his hardest to pick them up. lol! Wee-o spent most of his time avoiding the birds at all costs. They are a good balance to each other. We all are predicting they will room together at BYU someday and I'm also predicting that Henry will bring a little spontanious adventure into Wee-o's life, while Wee-o will prevent Henry from getting himself killed! haha.

Oh, cute story, I was playing with Henry today at the park and I hit my head pretty hard on an overhead bar and I was saying "owie" when Henry came over to me and said, "happened, happened?" with a concerned look on his face and I told him that mommy hit her head and he said in the sweetest voice, "it's okay, it's okay mommy, kiss, kiss?" and I leaned down and he kissed the top of my head. I was so touched that I almost cried. He is such a sweet and thoughtful boy....sometimes:)

No comments: