Saturday, March 1, 2008

Henry turns TWO!

I have been so busy lately that I've slacked on posting things on the blog and now I have material for at least three posts. I'll just start with Henry's Birthday party. So as you may know, I spent the last two months making over Henry's room into an outer space themed room which I revealed to him during his Birthday party with all his friends watching. When he walked in, he screamed for joy, turned in a circle did a little dance and yelled, "woh!" I couldn't have been happier and Henry LOVES being in his new room and in his new twin bed. His party was a zoo train party, mainly because I got this really cute zoo train cupcake mold from my sister-in-law and I had to put it to good use. We had a fabulous party and Henry got a ton of really fun gifts. I also painted his old white rocking horse to look like a zebra and now he rides it even more often. I made a DVD of the last year to show everyone as well and at the end we had some footage of him skiing before his Birthday and loving it! The hilight of the party was Henry blowing out his candles. Instead of a nice blow, he put his lips together and blew/spit them out. I put one candle on every train piece so he had nine candles to blow out and it was hilarious! I'll try to put the video up. Anyway, Happy Birthday Henry! We love you so much!

6 comments:

julie said...

So cute & creative! Henry is such a cute little boy. Good job on his room.

Alissa said...

Great room! I'm impressed.

Julia said...

Happy Birthday Henry! I remember when he was born-- it feels like it was yesterday. I love his room-- you have skills girl!

Kristen said...

I found you!! I have been cruising some blogs lately and happened upon yours. I am so glad that you have one and that we can now keep in touch better. My parents seem to run into you at times, but they never remember to get your info for me. They moved by the way, to Provo. Anyway I am glad to have found you and will enjoy reading about you cute family. Henry is just a little older than my Taylor, he will be two in April.

stacey said...

Amelia! I just found your blog and can't believe how big Henry is! Sounds like he is so much fun. His room is cute and I love love love the rocking zebra! Did you just freehand the lines, or did you use a pattern?

Kristen said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. You know what I remember is the day we crimped our hair before school and we looked like we had pyramids on our heads.And that's nice to say I look young and beautiful, usually people just ask me why I look like I am twelve. And no secret here, but you of course look as gorgeous as always. where did you get all those ideas for the room, did you create it all or can I buy similar stuff somewhere? My boys want a dinosaur room with volcano and all.