Thursday, February 22, 2007

Birthday Boy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENRY!!






Many of you that read this blog were present at Henry's first Birthday party that was held on the 16th. We did it a week early because of the long weekend and because my older brother was already planning on being in town that weekend, so it worked out for just about everyone. Many of our family members came out for the occasion, including my mom, sister, aunt Kris, cousin Katie, and Justin's sister Tracie with her husband Justin. I had never done a kids party before and I spent hours online looking for ideas for the party, but I wasn't prepared for how much cooking I was in for when the day arrived. Luckily a few angels helped a lot in the kitchen so I could focus on the decorations and finishing touches. Anyway, we ate gourmet salads like the famous grapefruit and avocado salad, pizza fondue with fresh mozzerella and chips with the yummiest authentic home-made New Mexican salsa I imported from Santa Fe. For the kids we provided turkey and ham sandwiches cut out into tiny shapes. Those were a big hit with everyone I think. We opened fun presents, attempted to do a pull string pinata (which failed miserably) turned on the ultimate bubble machine and watched Henry splat everyone with a smash cake covered in whipped cream. haha! That was the most entertaining part of the party. My cousin Katie and I baked a chocolate ganache cake from scratch and it was so decadently yummy. Chocolate is where it's at, lemme tell ya. I think the party was a big hit and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Best of all, Henry was happy and content the entire time. I don't think he shed one tear at his party. He is the best boy in the world and we just love him so much. Happy Birthday Henry Boy.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

Aw, so cute! I wish I lived closer!!