Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Daddy is not coming home tonight....


Tonight at the dinner table Henry said the prayer over the food and said, "thank you for Daddy is coming home tonight" and then he turned to me and asked me, "is daddy coming home tonight mommy?" and I told him that he wasn't. Henry looked concerned and said, "but I already said thank you that daddy was coming home. OK, (continuing on) thank you that daddy is staying at work and is not coming home tonight, but I'm going to be really sad." It breaks my heart. Poor little guy. Today we just lounged around on the grass in the back yard together with his head on my stomach. We also played frisbee for a little while, picked strawberries, checked out our huge raspberry patch, but then Henry requested that we lie on the grass again and just rest. What a sweetheart.

Later on today I heard Henry doing something in the bathroom and I caught him trying to clean up a huge puddle of pee on the ground with a few squares of toilet paper, shloshing it around and stepping in it. As soon as I looked in the bathroom I noticed that there was urine all over the walls as well. I asked him if he peed all over the walls and he looked at me and said, "mommy, I'm never going to do that again." and did his best to clean up the whole thing. Needless to say I spent a good 20 minutes scrubbing down the entire bathroom tonight.

2 comments:

Thayer said...

can you come clean my bathroom too? Why do boys have such problems aiming?

Amelia Hohl said...

I don't think it was a problem aiming. It's just too darn exciting to have your own hose connected to your body!